Hello all,
sorry for this newbie question:
When comparing delta13C results calculated with Craig´s correction for 12C16O17O in CO2 (interfering with 13C16O16O on mass 45) with delta13C values of the same run but recalculated without Craig´s correction, I do find deviations in the delta13C values between -0.1 and +0.3‰. Since 12C16O17O is said to contribute 6.5% to the total mass 45 beam, I was wondering why the deviations in my delta13C values are comparably small. Of course, this might be coincidence, but I would be interested to know how large the deviation between corrected and uncorrected values can get. Is part of the deviation cancelled out due to the normalization? Is everybody measuring with Craig´s correction (or related, more recent correction algorithms) or are there also people who do not use it due to whatever reason? I do not know where I could look to find it out; therefore I am asking the great isogeochem list... :-)
Many thanks in advance!
Sincerely,
Marc Ruppenthal

___________________________________

Dipl.-Geograph Marc Ruppenthal

AG Jun.-Prof. Dr. Y. Oelmann
Institut für Integrierte Naturwissenschaften
Abteilung Geographie
Universitätsstraße 1
56070 Koblenz
Germany