Lab Manager, Stable Isotope Laboratory, University of California Davis. The Geology Department at the University of California Davis seeks a laboratory manager for its stable isotope laboratory.  The newly renovated facility houses four gas-source isotope ratio mass spectrometers, a quadrupole ICP-MS with laser, and vacuum extraction lines. Our Micromass Optima dual inlet IRMS is equipped with a common acid bath autocarbonate device and automatic tube cracker for offline gas analysis.  Two Elementar IsoPrime IRMS instruments are equipped with TC/EA, EA and multicarb that permit analyses of inorganic, organic and water samples for C, O, H and S isotopes in continuous flow or dual inlet modes. We also operate a Finnigan MAT 251 for 18-O analyses of waters. The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of the instruments and peripherals, analyses of samples and oversight of sample preparation, user training, and coordination of the laboratory’s analytical services and account billing. The laboratory manager will also engage in method development with students and provide oversight for the laboratory component of a graduate geochemistry course.

We are searching for a candidate who has substantial experience in using and maintaining gas-source isotope ratio mass spectrometers and we are particularly interested in someone experienced with Elementar/GVI instruments and associated peripherals. The laboratory is under the direction of Professor Howard Spero.  Additional information, requirements and application procedures can be found at

http://www.employment.ucdavis.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=56099

Please direct questions to Howard Spero ([log in to unmask])

Prof. Howard Spero
Department of Geology
University of California Davis
Davis CA 95616

(530)752-3307
Rm 3131 Earth and Physical Sciences Bldg.

Geology Stable Isotope Laboratory: