Hi Million,

First thing to check would be for continuity across the filament, just
in case you've got a DOA filament (it happens).

As you have mentioned yourself already, this could just be a slight
misalignment of the source leading to an eclipsed alignment of the gas
inlet like so (), or worse. Runnung a magnet background scan first is
definitely a good idea. Unless there is something seriously wrong with
the source (no emission) or the analyzer, you should see peaks for N2
background at around 8,500 steps, give or take.

If you see the N2 peaks suggesting there is nothing wrong with either
source or analyzer per se, switch the source off, open the door and
disconnect all the supply cables.

If you are careful you can get away with not turning the pumps off but
this is up to you. Loosen the bolts ever so slightly until you can
wiggle the source flange left to right and back. Twist it to the left
(gently does it) and mark the stop position with a felt pen (across
housing and flange at the 9 o'clock position where the alignment marker
is). Now twist it to righ until it will go no further and mark this
position too. Twist to the left again until you are halfway between the
either extreme. This should now have the gas inlet holes aligned like
so: O.

Best,

Wolfram

Dr W Meier-Augenstein, CChem, FRSC