Andy
We have formerly used a lidded Heto waterbath with mercury column switching element (part nos. long lost) which successfully controlled to a few hundredths of a degree. It too had a scale of 0-100 degrees but was precisely adjustable - with patience.
If samples and standards are treated at the same time, does it matter if the temperature is exact?
All the best
Robert