Hi Andy,

Since temperature is a critical item, you should monitor with a certified thermometer.  The thermometer must be calibrated by an ISO 17025 accredited calibration laboratory and have sufficient resolution over the intended temperature range to be measured.

For example:  http://www.icllabs.com/PET%20Thermometers.htm

Hope this helps,

Ed Paski