Greetings,

attention: this is a scientific question. :-)

A group of colleagues deal with the mineralogy and synthesis of ordinary portland cement (opc), so cement in the sense of concrete or mortar. The question arose if there are some isotope studies in the field of "concrete".
I am not aware of any isotope studies on these systems but I found a (quite short) chapter about this in Clark and Fritz (1997, Environmental Isotopes in Hydrogeology, p. 264-265) mainly dealing with the fractionation between H2O - hydroxide and the influence of the portlandite reaction (pH > 12) on the isotopic composition of groundwaters.

Does anyone has some further readings on this issue?

regards,
Robert

BTW: isogeochem is perfect as it is. No need to change anything. - Just my 2 Euro cents.

--
Dr. Robert van Geldern
GeoZentrum Nordbayern / Applied Geosciences

www.gzn.uni-erlangen.de
fon: +49-9131-8524780
fax: +49-9131-8529294
room: O 0.106 (office)