We too had a bear visit our yard, probably the same one that the
Miner's had since we live only a quarter mile away. On Saturday we had
hibernated from the burning heat of the afternoon sun and pulled down
all the shades to help keep out old sol. When we raised them as the
cooler shade of the trees moved in, we found all of the feeders on the
ground and empty. One suet feeder was missing and the other one was
bent and broken. I have the feeders suspended from a wire that is 8
feet above the ground so this is no small creature to be able to reach
up at least 6 feet.  So, beware, Pat is right, bears do strike during
the daylight hours.

Al Merritt

West Brattleboro