I birded the Dead Creek area today (17 July) with Ted Murin.  Although
the habitat at Brilyea still looks good, the shorebirds were relatively
scare:  Least, Semipalmated, Spotted and Solitary Sandpipers, Greater
and Lesser Yellowlegs, Wilson's Snipe and Killdeer were all that we
found.  Least were by far the most common...1's and 2's of everything
else, with the exception of Killdeer.

We ran across a Black Vulture in Bridport.  It was soaring with a small
group of Turkey Vultures just north of West Market Road (west of Basin
Harbor Rd). Heavy molt of secondaries and tertials.

Allan

Allan M. Strong
University of Vermont
The Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources
007 Hills Building
Burlington, VT 05405
802-656-2910