Yesterday at Dead Creek-Brilyea access I ran into Chris and Fred Pratt who
told my they had seen a Short-billed Dowitcher. I found it and some other
interesting birds.
Short-billed Dowitcher  1   still in breeding plumage
Green-wing Teal   6   2 males still in breeding plumage
Spotted Sandpiper  2
Solitary Sandpiper  1
Killdeer  7
Green Heron  1  in the turtle pond
Great Blue Heron  5
Caspian Tern  1

The heat and lack of rain is causing low water levels and mudflats are
becoming exposed all along Brilyea . If this keeps up we could have a great
place to see shore birds from as they move south. I wouldn't be surprised if
they don't start showing up in the end of July this year. Why not everything
else has been early.

Good Birding
Peter Manship
Ludlow Vt