Hi there VTLEP'ers,

This past Friday, while leading a birding summer camp with Chip Darmstadt
from the North Branch Nature Center, we happened to drive by a backyard with
a swallowtail feeding while hovering at flowers.  With kids in tow, who were
anxious to see more birds, we couldn't linger long but managed to get a
decent photo to confirm that it was a Spicebush Swallowtail.  The photo can
be accessed through the link below (has been cropped, but not edited
otherwise)  Not many of these reported during the survey, so figured it
would be of interest to this list... Chip was unable to relocate the
butterfly during several subsequent visits last weekend.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27953043@N08/4812907237/

 - Larry

--
Larry Clarfeld