From: Chip Darmstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Central Vermont Butterfly Count
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 12:01 PM

Hello!

The North Branch Nature Center is trying to resurrect its annual NABA butterfly count which is coming up this Saturday, July 10. We when first started doing the count, we had a good number of participants – but numbers have dwindled in the last few years. It would be great to breathe some new life into this count!

We’ve seen some good butterflies on the count – Bog Copper, Baltimore Checkerspot, Coral Hairstreak, Silver-bordered Fritillary, Brown Elfin, Harris’ Checkerspot, Two-spotted Skipper – especially if you like to get your feet wet.

We’ll be meeting here at the North Branch Nature Center between 8:30 and 9:00 a.m. There will be a family friendly butterfly walk at the nature center between 9:00 and 11:00 a.m. Send me and email or give me a call at 802-229-6206, if you’d like to participate.

My apologies for any duplicate postings.

Best, Chip

Chip Darmstadt

Executive Director

North Branch Nature Center