Nice Larry. We had a few records during the atlas. You can check the
map out here.
http://www.vtecostudies.org/VBS/species/spicebushswal.html
Probably a vagrant that far north in Vermont. The southern part of VT
does actually have some Spicebush growing there.
Kent
Kent McFarland
Vermont Center for Ecostudies
PO Box 420  Norwich, VT 05055