That's funny, Versus is still working fine here.  Must be your local cable carrier.

I have concluded that both summer Eurosports, World Cup and TDF, are about as exciting as watching grass grow - 98% of the time.  Granted the other 2% can be very exciting.  Grass growing, to my knowledge, has no exciting moments, unless perhaps you are the grass, in which case lawnmowers and defecating mammals might be exciting.  I will watch Germany vs. Spain, which I suspect are the 2 best teams in the WC field.  However I can no longer watch an entire TDF stage without falling asleep.

One question; What is the optimal size of a peleton for efficiency.  I understand that breakaways of one or a few individuals virtually always fail because the wind resistance of the peleton is significantly less than that of the breakaway, and therefore they ride more efficiently.  However reason says there must be a curve of efficiency vs. number of riders.  Undoubtedly their proximity and formation shape are important too.  What say you gearheads?