OH MY GOD MAN!! You're RIGHT! What has become of me? I've turned into the
man I swore I'd never be!!

Seriously though...

I think teaching IS an excuse for not hiking 2000+ feet in rain that was
snow 2000+ feet above you only to ski a tiny sliver of snow above 4000 feet
in Sargent's Purchase that takes all day to get to make one turn on,
especially on a day one would need to blow off numerous in school
responsibilities (and get yelled at) to do so... I think I actually like
teaching more than the described activity. Although to touch some July 1st *
FRESH * east coast snow might have actually been worth it... so maybe I made
the wrong call.

That said, teaching is NOT an excuse for not skiing flat woods in Chittenden
County<http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/trip-reports/08-09/presidents-weekend-at-shambala/>,
steep twisty lines in Lamoille
County<http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/trip-reports/09-10/the-other-stowe-derby/>,
car service 2000K foot powder laps through the night near Quebec
City<http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/trip-reports/09-10/le-massive-big-flake-run/>,
taking trips ONE<http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/trip-reports/08-09/vtah-part-i-stowe-opening-day-2008/>and
THREE<http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/trip-reports/09-10/vtah-iii-the-most-unreliable-great-snow-on-earth/>to
VTah <http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/tag/vtah/>,
etc<http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/trip-reports/08-09/halloween-hiking/>...
etc <http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/trip-reports/09-10/the-labyrinth/>...
etc<http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/trip-reports/09-10/unofficial-opening-weekend-at-stowe/>

maybe my equations are all wrong.... but I'm generally pretty happy with the
schuss made.

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 7:36 AM, Justin Woods <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 19:45:21 -0400, Greg Petrics <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
> >Sorry. Busy teaching this summer. I never guessed I'd miss a snowstorm
> when
> I signed up to teach summer probability. What are the odds?! Lol.
> >

> Oh, so teaching is an excuse for not skiing?  Hah.
>
> --justnot

"I'm a simple man, Hobbes."
"You?? Yesterday you wanted a nuclear powered car that could turn into a jet
with laser-guided heat-seeking missiles!"
"I'm a simple man with complex tastes."