Chris,

Garfield Ridge Campsite & Thirteen Falls Tentsite would seem like good
halfway point options.  If you go for the latter, I'd recommend returning to
ridge via the Twin Brook Trail--it's a wonderful bit of trail.  (Do I assume
correctly that you'd be going clockwise from Lincoln Woods?)

Yes, you should have no trouble bivying off of the Franconia Brook Trail;  I
haven't done the Osseo, but in the case that you're going counterclockwise,
by the time you're on the flatter section, you might as well finish the hike
out to Lincoln Woods.

I'll send you a couple of other ideas BC.

--Matt K.