Hello!

I have a patron requesting laboratory guidelines on whether or not to have a patient pump their fist during a blood draw.  I have a few articles that show that this technique raises potassium levels, but I don't have access to any phlebotomy or laboratory guidelines.

I'd really like the excerpt on veinpuncture procedure from the 'Procedures for the Collection of Diagnostic Blood Specimens by Veinpuncture'- 2007, 6th ed. It is published by the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute.  WorldCat had pretty sparse holdings on this title, so it's a slim hope that someone out there has this in their collection!

THANK YOU!!!

Molly Montgomery, MLS, MS
Medical Librarian
Library/Green Learning Center
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas
Fogelson Forum Lower Level
8200 Walnut Hill Lane
Dallas, TX  75231

Phone: 214-345-2312
Fax: 214-345-2350

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.  Please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message from your system.