their property taxes as well.

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Town Clerk
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 3:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Education Rebates

Hi All!

            I know this question has been asked before, but for the life of
me I can't recall any of the answers that have been given.

Here's the situation:  a property owner has a non taxable income, files an
HS122 and gets an income sensitivity refund greater than his actual property
tax, so, we send him a check for the difference.

            How is it possible for someone to get a "refund" greater than
what they owe?  Does it seem right that some tax payers are not only
supplementing the entire property tax of others, but also giving them extra?