-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Melissa Ross
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2010 10:25 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Education Rebates

Thank you for your response.  Though we can all come up with anecdotal
evidence of some people using the system and bending the rules, I think in
general it is fair and works very well.  Now that the HS-122 will no longer
need to be filed every year, this should also reduce the number of
late-filers which is a large part of the hassle of administering the law.
There is no perfect system though we might all wish there were!  Taxpayers
certainly appreciate the assistance they receive, and it has made my job
much easier now that people can actually see the adjustment applied to their
bill and recognize the help they are receiving.

Melissa Ross
Town Clerk & Treasurer
Town of Hinesburg
P.O. Box 133