i believe the State will edit the credit via a download.
Lisa Roque
Assistant Town Clerk
St. Albans Town
[log in to unmask]
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Debra Ouelette
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 15:23
Subject: Prebate

Can someone tell me how to correct this for a taxpayer….


The taxpayer was due a prebate from the State, however he mistakenly claimed his rental property as his homestead. He realized his mistake, has corrected it and his rental property is now being taxed as a non-residential and his homestead is now being taxed as his primary residence. However….the prebate is still being credited to the rental property…how is a correction made for this? Does the State have to make the correction or does the Town?