We did the same in the past but stopped- for the same reason…

James Gregoire

Board of Listers, Chair

Town of Fairfield

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Marianne A. Blake
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:58 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Education Rebates

Dave,

I have contacted the tax department on a few instances of what I believe to be tax fraud.  Someone has a Mass. mailing address, they have Mass. registration plates, they occupy the house seasonally.  Yet they claim the property as their primary residence.  And the tax dept agreed.  After a few of these instances, I don't bother reporting anything anymore.  As the state has said (PVR) we listers aren't the homestead police.

Marianne in Windsor