All:

I am going to begin counting Balterıs irrelevant posts to this list.  In
this case a forwarded email about Pacifica of a Marc Cooper opinion piece.

In the post below, I also reduced Cooperıs email to its important parts,
leaving out as much of the cutesy invective, self-promotion (Cooper was
right about Pacifica all along), and pejorative statements as I could.  One
ends up with a much shorter statement with potentially useful content, if
the content is correct, even if it is not new news.

I agree with Balter that fate of Pacifica is important for the left, but
what Cooper writes about Pacifica seldom helps for the reasons above.  I
cannot verify (or refute) the specific information Cooper reports, but at
least most of what remains is refutable (or not) information (in the Karl
Popper sense).

And yes, the network needs lots of support.

Larry

Non science related Balter post number 1.

Edited Cooper piece follows.  What remains still portrays the precarious
condition of Pacifica.