It would be a shame if we had to choose between the corporatized NPR-lite
version of Pacifica advocated by Marc Cooper and others in the late 1990s
(which is precisely why Amy Goodman opposed it, and why she worked to
establish Democracy Now! on an independent footing) and the shambles that
currently exists at WBAI and (to a slightly lesser extent) the four other
Pacifica stations. MIchio Kaku does an excellent program on science for
WBAI:
http://wbai.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=395&Itemid=141.
--PG