Hello Ernie

My apologies-I have no monetary investment in this-quite the contrary- -just
thought it might be of interest.   I do know some photographers who post
links to their bird pictures on this site, and when you get to their pages,
there are offers for classes, workshops, trips, and photos for sale.   So
yes, I guess I think it is rather a gray area.  What about the "Nikon
binoculars" announcement, or the "Cornell Club" event, which does not sound
like a non-profit benefit.... though I could be wrong about that. (I hope I
am!).  I have absolutely no objection to any of these, but I do feel a bit
unfairly singled out.
Even so, I am sorry if this was offensive. I will remove it if you wish.

Regards,

Cynthia Crawford