Join us as we monitor a variety of bird species at Missisquoi National
Wildlife Refuge.

This month's Bird Monitoring Walk will be on Saturday August 21, 2010 on the
Jeep Trail.  Meet at 8:00 AM at the Louie's Landing boat access parking lot
on Route 78.  Traveling west from Swanton on Route 78, this is the parking
lot on the right.  We will then drive to Mac's Bend, where the Jeep Trail
starts.  If you have any questions, just reply to this email.

The monthly walks will gather long-term data on the  presence of birds,
their abundance, and changes in populations. The information we gather will
be entered into the Vermont e-Bird database where data is stored by the
Cornell Lab of Ornithology and the National Audubon Society. These walks are
appropriate for all levels of birders and provide a wonderful opportunity to
learn about birds throughout the seasons. Led by Bridget Butler and Ken
Copenhaver, Friends of Missisquoi National Wildlife Refuge board members.

Hope to see you there!

--Ken Copenhaver