>>>I've done some birding at Herrick's Cove and Allen Brothers Marsh
>>>in the last ten days.  Here are the photos I just uploaded. . . .
>>><<<<<
--------------

Yes, my delete key works just fine, thanks, and I'm not trying to
cause a dust-up or wantonly attack cherished icons.  Purely for the
sake of clarity would an authority figure please explain to me why
the above self-promotional post containing multiple links to a
commercial web site (I consider web sites running shopping carts to
meet the minimal threshold of commerce) is allowable, while some post
announcing (once) a birding workshop is anathema.

If everything is allowed, great; what I don't understand is the
definition of 'commerce' for purposes of the listserv.  Again, I
don't mind deleting; I just don't understand the guidelines as they
operate in real life.

Thanks, and sorry in advance for my obstreperousness.

Hurrying back to lurk,

Kim Likakis
Bennington