    We drove up to Dead Creek this morning and didn't see any shorebirds =
at all.  We went to Farrell Access and Brilyea and struck out =
completely.  Zero, zilch, nada, diddly squat.  Not too much in the way =
of exposed mud, and what was there was empty.
    However all was not lost.  We saw eight or ten kestrels on Gage Road =
in addition to a red-tail and the resident osprey family.  We probably =
saw another five or six kestrels while driving around.  At Farrell =
Access we saw more GBH's in one place than we may have ever seen before; =
there were at least 24 plus a lone great egret.  At Brilyea we saw =
additional GBH's and an immature Black Crowned Night Heron.
    It was a gloriously pretty morning in the Champlain Valley and we =
had a great time.

    Larry and Mona