Sitting on the front porch on Sunday and Monday afternoons, I watched our
resident Black-throated Blue Warblers (at least two fledgling/juveniles and an
adult female) feeding - mainly on caterpillars - in the jungle that our yard is
- azaleas, rhododendrons, blackberry bushes, jewel weed, birches, balsams, etc.
No lawn.

Today, I did not see the BT Blues. Have they left? On the other hand,
mid-afternoon, there were at least one Black and White Warbler, an American
Redstart, several juvenile Chestnut-sided Warblers, and a Yellow Warbler.

While all the others might have nested here, the Yellow Warbler did not. It was
a "yard" first in our 22 years here. It was definitely on the move, apparently
with warbler friends, though perhaps from only half a mile north of here, where
Yellow Warblers nested this summer - or perhaps from further.

Charlotte Bill
Enosburgh, VT