Hopefully this is an allowable post (if not, I apologize.).   Just
thought I would let the community know Eagle Optics has Nikon Monarchs
on sale.  These are refurbs, but the glass is excellent and the price is
right at $199, for Monarch 10 x 42's.  They have coated optics, are
waterproof, and come with a 25 year warranty.   I've dragged mine all
over the world and they've never let me down.  So, I was happy to have
another pair of these for the vehicle...

Here is a
link.....http://www.eagleoptics.com/binoculars/nikon/nikon-monarch-10x42-pc-atb-binocular

Good Birding,

Terry Wright
Essex

PS.  I have no association with Nikon nor Eagle Optics.