I would like to respond, Just from my point of view.

On the first question:  I would report the turkeys without glowing
adjectives.  Turkeys are so widespread, and fairly wary during hunting
season that for data sake it is important to report species and numbers
and not worry about who might be reading the post.

Second Question:  Responsibility lies with the person who is setting up
the feeders.  Feeders should be near cover.  If feeders are out in the
open where there is little to no cover nearby than from my point of view
that becomes a poor decision.  We have been visited by both Cooper's and
Sharp-shinned.  They have not generally been successful, though a few
birds have been taken over the years.  At least from my observations it
has not been an issue.

Richard

Richard Harlow
Arrowhead Lake