I know that this is a bit off topic, but I know that someone in this
group  will be able to offer some insight.  EArlier this evening we
had more dragonflies (I don't know which kind)  in front of our house
and field than we have ever seen together at one time.  They were
actually swarming, something which I have never seen.  They are common
visitors for us, but always as individuals.   Is this common?  Does it
have to do with the heat?  I appreciate any info that you wise people
can give.  Thanks, Mary Spencer, Duxbury