I'm not entirely certain of the motivation for this announcement, but it
seems to stray into the area of commercial advertisements, which are not
allowed on VTBIRD.

Several of our subscribers attempt to make a living photographing birds,
leading tours or workshops, etc., and they generally do not overtly
advertise on VTBIRD (although one could argue that sharing a link to a
blog, online gallery, or other promotional web site constitutes
advertisement.... admittedly, it's a bit of a gray area).  In the
interest of fairness and reduced list clutter, please do not post this
type of advertisement unless it's for a non-profit organization.

Best regards,
Ernie Buford
VTBIRD List Owner
http://www.uvm.edu/~ebuford/vtbird.html