I agree with Miriam Lawrence (and Allan about the 'delete') key. The sightings and behavior of our "ordinary" birds is far from ordinary. Of course we all want to hear about rare birds, but our contacts with other Vermont birders would be few and far between if we waited for the rarity to appear.

I don't think there is a need for a separate "rare bird" list, however, given the other technology out there such as Miriam mentioned. Also, the Google Gadget, available through the VT eBird home page (under VT eBird Resources on the bottom right of the page) also addresses that need:

http://ebird.org/content/vt/

Sue Elliott