From: Charlotte Bill <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Coopers Hawks Fledged in Enosburgh
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tuesday, August 10, 2010, 7:32 PM

Coopers Hawks fledged on the 11-acre wooded lot next to our place.

Based on vocalizations and brief sightings, we'd been aware of a probable nest
but did not dog these birds. I tried searching for the nest once, but promptly
had an agitated response from a probable parent and decided not to bother them
any further.

However, today, as I sat reading on my front porch, I heard at least two
(perhaps three) begging youngsters, and after waiting a while and directing the
binos, I saw two fledglings as they took short flights and long rests in the
trees close to our driveway.

After the leaves have fallen in October, we will look for the nest, maybe about
40 feet above ground in one of the maples, or perhaps in one of the white pines.

Charlotte Bill
near Enosburgh Town Forest
Enosburgh, VT