We took a couple days and sailed up to Burton Island State Park this week.  Lots of birds there.

Many young Kingbirds, Phoebes, Eastern Wood Pewees.  Numerous House Wrens and Catbirds

A Black-billed Cuckoo!

Plus Caspian Terns, Bonaparte's Gulls, and a Common Loon on the trip down the lake (Near Young's island).
Very few warblers, however (only Yellow and Common Yellowthroat)

I believe Burton Island State Park, and the ferry from Kill Kare Park on the main land, close on Labor Day.  It's a beautiful place to visit, with excellent trails and lots of birds.  A good one to think about for a fall outing.

Scott Sainsbury
Moretown

Location:     Burton Island State Park
Observation date:     8/18/10