I have noticed quite a few butterfly reports here lately. Excellent! I just
wanted to make folks aware that there is a butterfly and moth list serve for
Vermont. It is VTLEPS and can be found here:
http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=VTLEPS. This is a great place to log your
sightings for posterity given that we have no Vermont eButterfly (yet) as
well as get information about butterflies and moths from other enthusiasts.
I do keep records in a database for all conservation concern species in
Vermont that anyone finds and reports (photos appreciated for those
records). Those species can be found on the Vermont Butterfly Survey web
page at http://www.vtecostudies.org/VBS/sgcn.html.

Please excuse this diversion from birds. Now, back the the feathers!
Kent
Kent McFarland
Vermont Center for Ecostudies
PO Box 420  Norwich, VT 05055