I would agree that it is good to have data on turkey numbers, particullarly on ebird.  While I wouldn't consider it unethical to report turkeys, I would consider it not very sportmanly  (is that a word?) for hunters to use the information.

Hurrah for hunting licenses paying for turkey reintroductions.  But wasn't it over hunting which extirpated the bird from Vermont in the first place?

--- On Mon, 8/30/10, b flewelling <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: b flewelling <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Do turkey hunters read VTBIRD?
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Monday, August 30, 2010, 5:59 AM

I am a turkey hunter.  I am an avid bird watcher.  In May and in October, I do most of my bird watching while I am turkey hunting.  I do not go to VT BIRD when I'm looking for a place to hunt, and I don't know of any other turkey hunter who does.

By the way, it was funds from the sale of hunting licenses that allowed Vermont in 1968 to transfer 31 turkeys from western NY to start the Vermont flock.

Bruce Flewelling