I too have been seeing large swarms off dragonflies at Mills Riverside Park in Jericho for the last two evenings. The numbers have to be over 50 per swarm. Quite impressive when you stand inside the swarming.

It dawned on me this evening that I have seen flying ants in extremely large numbers yesterday and today. This is a phenomenon that I see every summer usually on one evening only. On the evening this occurs, the skies are filled with clouds of flying ants.
Could the dragonflies be feeding on these ants?

Larry Levine
Jericho

Sent from my iPhone