From: Julie Stielstra [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2010 10:17 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Why Ovid Medline?

Ovid has much better textword capabilites, like adjacency and phrase
searching: phrases YOU put in, not what Pubmed thinks you should.

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 11:51 AM, Warner, Kathleen M <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Since we are trying to be more positive in our evaluations, let's look at
> the pluses:
>
>        "map term to subject heading"
>        Ability to launch Cochrane from Medline (if you have Cochrane
> through Ovid)
>        Same interface to search EMBASE (again if you have through Ovid and
> hoping for similar subject headings)
>        Books@Ovid (easy to search)
>        Full-text journals through Ovid (pdf now more visible)
>
> I'm sure others can come up with more.
>
> Kitty
>
> Kathleen M. (Kitty) Warner, MLS, M.Ed.
> Manager, Health Sciences Library
> Hennepin County Medical Center
> 701 Park Avenue
> Minneapolis, MN  55415
> (612) 873-2714

Julie Stielstra, MLS
Manager, Knowledge Resource Library
Central DuPage Hospital
25 N Winfield Rd
Winfield, IL 60190
phone 630-933-4536
fax     630-933-4530
email jstielstra [ at ]  gmail.com

"Never...be mean in anything; never be false; never be cruel. Avoid those
three vices...and I can always be hopeful of you."  -- Betsy Trotwood to
David Copperfield (Charles Dickens)