On Wed, 15 Sep 2010, Wesley Alan Wright wrote:

> Ideally, I suppose, the apps needn't keep their LDAP derived data
> privately, since they can always look up the latest data with another
> ldap search. Otherwise, the app would need to perform periodic
> resynchronizations with LDAP.
>
> What would you ETS Systems folks prefer? in terms of both security and
> performance?

I'd much rather not have that data copied elsewhere if possible - just
re-query LDAP as needed.  Given the scale of our LDAP systems, I wouldn't
think it would be a performance problem to query every time.

If you can provide the actual query being made by emailing [log in to unmask], we
can make sure the queries are using appropriate indexes...

Thanks,
Mike