  Hi Tyler,

At this time, individual departments are getting enrolled to use the
right fax service.  Only individuals in those departments can send
faxes.  When a department chooses to retire a analog fax machine, we
enroll the department into the application and then forwarding their
existing fax number to a number on the fax server.

Here's a link describing the software:

http://www.uvm.edu/it/utilities/rightfax/

Also, PDF's are one of the acceptable file types.  There a full list at
the FAQ off the above url.

Any questions and/or if you want to discuss further feel free to contact
me.
-marty

-marty