  On 9/15/2010 11:40 AM, Geoffrey Duke wrote:

> With regard to personal email collections, in generally I don't save
> copies of email messages that I know are retained in an online archive.

Exactly!  Do many subscribers really have their own personal copy of the
list archive sitting in their email account?

My biggest problem with going private is the primitive search
capabilities of Listserv.  If an alternate mechanism existed for
searching the archive, that would help.  But I think I'd still vote for
an "open" archive rather than a private one (though I'm not strongly
opinionated on the issue aside from wishing the archive was more easily
navigable).

Ernie