On 9/15/2010 11:40 AM, Geoffrey Duke wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

With regard to personal email collections, in generally I don’t save copies of email messages that I know are retained in an online archive.

Exactly!  Do many subscribers really have their own personal copy of the list archive sitting in their email account?

My biggest problem with going private is the primitive search capabilities of Listserv.  If an alternate mechanism existed for searching the archive, that would help.  But I think I'd still vote for an "open" archive rather than a private one (though I'm not strongly opinionated on the issue aside from wishing the archive was more easily navigable).

Ernie