You are correct, the Mac AV software is out of Beta.  I do not know what are entitlement is to this software.  We have an inquiry in with ESET to find out.  To date, we had not been thinking very seriously about buying this software, and as such have not solicited community testing or feedback.  However, we certainly are happy to hear your opinions on the subject.  Next time, on Geraldo... Macs without AV protection... Good Idea, or Threat to the American Way of Life??!?!

Preliminary testing results from our crack team of Mac AV testers (all one of them, and no, it is not me) suggest that ESET AV causes too much system performance degradation to use everyday.  Your mileage may vary.

J. Greg Mackinnon | Systems Administrator
ETS Systems Architecture and Administration | University of Vermont
Phone: 802-656-8251 | Web: http://www.uvm.edu/~jgm