  The problematic database version was 5418... I have been able to
verify that this was the database version that was in use on at least
one locked-up system.  (You can verify this to be the problem by
disconnecting ethernet cables and switching off wireless on a locked up
system /prior to /forcing a restart.  Check the signature database
version before reconnecting to the network.)
--
J. Greg Mackinnon | ETS Systems Architecture and Administration | x68251