  I, too, experienced some initial difficulty with the ActiveX/Java
install tools at sslvpn.uvm.edu.  I consulted with the folks in in
Network Services, and they agree that providing an offline installer
could be beneficial.  Give it a whirl...
https://www.uvm.edu/software/distribution/windows/clients/vpn/UVM_AnyConnect_v2.5.1025_Isetup.exe

We will get this linked into the "https://www.uvm.edu/software" web
application soon.  Currently, this installer is Windows-only.

--
J. Greg Mackinnon | ETS Systems Architecture and Administration | x68251