I have an ASUS netbook that I am trying to use to access
sslvpn.uvm.edu.  If I go to the web site, it goes through its
usual sequence of authenticating, downloading, and launching,
but then, in the process of activating the VPN adapter, it gives
me the rather cryptic error message that "VPN has encountered an
error" and fails.

- I've tried using the browser-based Java version under Chrome
and the Active-X version under MSIE.
- I've tried with the standalone AnyConnect application
- I've tried turning off the Windows firewall, FWIW.

But nothing seems to help.  I'm working on a secured Wi-Fi
network - and other machines on the same Wi-Fi network connect
reliably with no issues.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Rama