  Rama:

Is it the installer that is generating the error, or is the product
getting installed and then not starting up?

I found a reference to a "The VPN client /driver /has encountered an
error" on this page:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a00809b4754.shtml

There are some recommendations here.  The first being that you should
disable the "Routing and Remote Access" service before installing
AnyConnect.  There are further remediations recommended if that does not
work.

It also is recommended to analyze the setup logs for more detailed error
information.  I have pasted in the log file locations below...

/J. Greg Mackinnon/ | Systems Administrator
ETS Systems Architecture and Administration | University of Vermont
*Phone:* 802-656-8251 | *Web:* http://www.uvm.edu/~jgm

Complete these steps:

   1.

      Obtain the device log file:

          *

            Windows XP / Windows 2000:

                *\Windows\setupapi.log*

          *

            Windows Vista:

            *Note: *Hidden folders must be made visible in order to see
            these files.

                *\Windows\Inf\setupapi.app.log
                     \Windows\Inf\setupapi.dev.log*

      If you see errors in the setupapi log file, you can turn up
      verbosity to 0x2000FFFF as described in this Windows KB article
      <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906485/>leavingcisco.com. Note
      the article says to set it to 0xFFFF, but if you add the high
      order value of 0x2, it makes the logging faster.

   2.

      Obtain the MSI installer log file:

      If this is an initial web deploy install, this log is located in
      the per-user temp directory.

          *

            Windows XP / Windows 2000:

                *\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temp\*

          *

            Windows Vista:

                *\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\*

      If this is an automatic upgrade, this log is in the temp directory
      of the system:

          *\Windows\Temp*

      The filename is in this format:
      anyconnect-win-x.x.xxxx-k9-install-yyyyyyyyyyyyyy.log. Obtain the
      most recent file for the version of the client you want to
      install. The x.xxxx changes based on the version, such as
      2.0.0343, and yyyyyyyyyyyyyy is the date and time of the install.