Is the machine on campus?

Connected to the wired network?  (Arguably activation should work over a legit authenticated UVM wireless connection, but the question rules out those using a rogue WAP without getting into policy discussions).

Where did you get the installer from?  Did it come from \\files\mca?

On Sep 30, 2010, at 11:56 AM, Larry Kost wrote:

> I have a laptop (MSI slim x340) running Windows 7 Enterprise, which I imaged from a similar machine.  When I run any of the Office products, I get the message that it isn't activated.  I have the option of changing the product key, but I don't know what it is.  I have installed many times on other machines without this problem.  There is an error code 0x004F074.  I haven't had this problem before with this installer.
>
> I also got a pop up saying that Windows wasn't activated, but I only say that once.
>
> What's up?  I thought that these products were activated automatically.
>
> LLK

Andrew Hendrickson
CAS, IT Administrator
UVM, College of Arts & Sciences