Bizarre connectivity issues at 705 Spear St. as well.

2 computers in one office both froze up partially at about the same
time (Firefox/Tbird "not responding", unable to browse network shares
or ping, unable to start Task Manager, clock frozen in time, yet text
editor & putty session previously open are still functional on one).
Rebooting one system cleared it up; the other can't currently be
rebooted until job running via putty session is done.

Down the hall, two other systems I booted to apply various updates
froze up in similar fashion.  Simply opened web browser and was unable
to connect.  Rebooted and they worked again.

Weird.