FYI.  —Geoff

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lisa DiMauro
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 11:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [Announcement] NERCOMP - Software Release Management - October 7th

Dear Friends,
Seats are still available for NERCOMP's upcoming workshop:
" Software Release Management Best Practices "

DATE:
October 7, 2010

TIME:
9:00 - 3:00 (Coffee and Registration start at 8:00)

PRICE:
NERCOMP Members: $130, Non-Members: $260

LOCATION:
Four Points Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center
Norwood, MA.

IT organizations work with a myriad of software applications that are purchased, open source, and created in-house. Does your organization have defined release management processes? Release management techniques guide you through the software development lifecycle. What are the risks and costs of editing code live on an ad-hoc basis? What are good practices and challenges that we have experienced?

This will be an interactive event where you will learn about release management from presenters and have an opportunity to share experiences with other attendees. Presenters all have experience managing software and the audience will be able to learn basic and advanced approaches that they can take back to use at their institutions.

This SIG will discuss what organizations have in place for policies and practices for systematically managing enterprise software. Technical details will include storing, releasing and reverting software as well as tracking enhancements and managing upgrades. Benefits and challengers for varying sizes of development teams will be discussed.

For a full schedule and registration information, please go to:
http://www.nercomp.org/events/event_single.aspx?id=6316

We would be grateful if you would pass this announcement on to friends and colleagues who might find it of interest.

To view other SIGs events, click here: http://www.nercomp.org/events/upcoming_events.aspx

Thank you very much. We hope to see you on October 7th.

Sincerely,
Lisa DiMauro
NERCOMP